RE: XML observation

From: Graham Klyne <gk@ninebynine.org>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 20:52:17 +0100
To: Misha Wolf <Misha.Wolf@reuters.com>
Cc: w3c-i18n-ig@w3.org, w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

At 17:57 08/07/03 +0100, Misha Wolf wrote:
>Graham Klyne wrote:
>
> > (Hmmm... general W3C process point:
> > given I18N is regarded as so fundamental, I think the purpose would
> > be better served by having I18N *participation* from the beginning,
> > or at the beginning, not occasional reviews later in the process.)
>
>In the beginning was the RDF M&S spec.  And lo and behold, there was
>I18N participation.

Yes, I wondered about that.  The problem is, little of the rationale from
that earlier involvement got communicated to the later WG (as far as I'm
aware).

IETF specs often have a section titled "Internationalization
considerations" ... maybe something similar might have helped here?  Just a
thought.

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>