Re: Summary of strings, markup, and language tagging in RDF (resend)

At 09:15 03/07/03 -0400, Martin Duerst wrote:
>Just for the record, I think that both the current removal of xml:lang
>from xml literals and the creation of a distinction between xml
>literals with plain text only and plain literals are in conflict with
>the M&S spec, and I think you have agreed with at least one of these
>points.

Also for the record... I have no problem with either of the implied goals
here in isolation (i.e. no distinction between XML without markup and plain
text, and xml:lang applies to XML literals.)

Where I do have a problem is to say (as seems to be needed to square all
the goals being promoted here) there is no distinction between XML without
markup and plain text, and AT THE SAME TIME to say that there is a
fundamental difference in type between an XML literal with markup and plain
text.

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>