Re: Summary of strings, markup, and language tagging in RDF (resend)

At 13:01 03/07/03 +0100, Jeremy Carroll wrote:
>For an implementor who is implementing datatypes then the current solution
>requires *no work* except in the parser, and the defn of an L2V mapping
>which is essentially the identity.

On reflection, I agree.  I'd forgotten my current code reflects an earlier
design, and I've not tried to update it until this whole issue is settled.

What looks most awkward to me is to treat XMLLiteral as a datatype, but
different from all the other datatypes.  If we end up looking at that, I
think we might as well just say XML is special.

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>