Re: Comment on strings and languages in RDF (rdfms-literal-is-xml-structure)

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: 02 Jul 2003 16:55:34 -0500
To: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org>, w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org, w3c-i18n-ig@w3.org, "Ralph R. Swick" <swick@w3.org>

It helps me if these post-last call discussions
are connected with the pre-last call issues list.

In this case, the relevant issues include

  http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfms-literal-is-xml-structure

I just checked to see that the issues list acknowledges what's
happened to that issue since it was closed back in Feb 2002.
Gold star for Brian; indeed it does cite the 9 May decision
to change the way xml:lang works.

FYI, these issues are nearby, in my mind...

  http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdf-charmod-literals
  http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfms-xml-literal-namespaces

though I don't think we're talking about any proposals
that would change our decisions on those.