Last call comment process

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 14:09:49 +0100
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

would you please walk me through what I am meant to do.

Dan has made a comment on my text, you have assigned a number to it:
and given it a name "goofy literals".

I want to have a short discussion with Dan about this before the telecon on
Friday when I take it we will discuss it.

So I send a message to Dan and to www-rdf-comments

The text of the message I wish to send is at the end of this message.

What should the subject be "[danc-02] goofy literals"?

Let's suppose that Dan then replies, "I missed that, yes that's fine then."

Do I then reply saying "OK we will formally close this issue.", with a subject
line of "[closed][danc-02] goofy literals"?

On the other danc-01 issue I need to have a longer discussion with him to make
sure that we are on the same page, so I can correctly present his issue to
the WG (Dan even if you will be there, I am trying to iron out the process,
also for comments from non-WG members). I assume I can generalize from the
answers to this message.

Proposed response (not for WG discussion - that comes later).
Hi Dan

thanks for your comment on goofy literals.

It has been assigned a URL

Before the Working Group discusses this comment I wanted to check that you had
seen the line in that subsection:
The lexical form is present in all RDF literals; the language identifier and
the datatype URI may be absent from an RDF literal.
and find that insufficient.

I take it that the text you would prefer is:

A literal in an RDF graph containing up to three components called:

+ The lexical form being a Unicode [UNICODE] string in Normal Form C [NFC]
+ The language identifier as defined by [RFC-3066], normalized to lowercase
+ The datatype URI being an RDF URI reference (optional).

A plain literal is one in which the datatype URI is absent.

A typed literal is one in which the datatype URI is present.

Have I understood correctly, or could we just leave it as it is?