Re: Semantics issues

Brian--

Just to clarify, I believe you've also said that it's only comments that
are "not easy" and get "escalated" by the editors that require explicit
WG consideration, right?

I'd actually appreciate some further clarification about that.  The only
"easy" cases you explicit mention are those where we can say, in effect,
"we already do that".  If an editor gets a comment and thinks that can
be dealt with by a simple wording change (maybe we "already say that",
but the commenter doesn't think it's clear enough, or something), is
that one that can also be dealt with directly (the editor directly
responds "I propose to deal with that this way, is that OK?", and only
if there's dispute does that get escalated), or should the editor
request a commend id for those immediately?

Sorry to add to the overhead (if that's what I'm doing).

--Frank