RE: Type of (the denotation of) a plain literal

My understanding of the relationship between xsd:string and untyped literals
is as follows:

1: we don't know, and we are intending to work with XML Schema WG after last
call to find out.

2: if there is any relationship then the test case
> > > but
> > > :Jenny :age "11"
> > > does not entail
> > > :Jenny :age "11"^^xsd:string
would be incorrect (entailment both ways would hold).

3: the semantics document should say clearly (I don't know if it does) that
the denotation of an untyped literal without a language identifier is the
unicode string.
(Dan felt strongly about this, and no one else objected)

4: that concepts document does not equate untyped literals without a
language identifier with unicode strings.

We have also not assigned a datatype or an rdfs class for the class of all
untyped literals. I believe this to be a minor error that we may wish to
consider fixing at some point. (It makes it difficult to state certain range
constraints.)

Jeremy