RE: Schema LCC review

From: <Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 10:06:01 +0200
To: <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>, <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

> 5.4.1 rdfs:seeAlso
>
> You carefully don't say much here, which is good. However, I
> think this
> raises an issue which we should address (even if it's to
> punt) before or
> as part of LC:
>
> 	If a resource is named by something that looks like a URI,
> 	then what expectations can we have about that? If we (through
> 	some process) dereference that URI, what can we expect to
> 	see? Ie, is there any expectation (and if so, when) that
> 	the use of a web address to name something means that we
> 	can get a description of the named thing by dereferencing that
> 	address? Or does the web address name the description
> 	itself?

I see no reason to constrain objects of rdfs:seeAlso to web
accessible resources. I would consider it acceptable to
refer to e.g. a person, organization, printed book, etc.
as a related resource.

The nature of the associated resources can be described
further, to clarify whether they are web accessible etc.

Cheers,

Patrick