Re: review of primer - thumbs up

Brian--

Thanks for the review.

Brian McBride wrote:

> summary: no show stoppers.
>

> 1. FIX: subject of a statement (after last call)
>
> In
>

> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/TR/WD-rdf-concepts-20030117/#dfn-subject
>
> concepts defines the subject of a *triple* to be an RDF URI Reference.
>

> In
>
>   http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/TR/WD-rdf-schema-20030117/#ch_statement
>
> Schema defines the subject of a *statement* to be the resource named by
> the URI that is the subject of the triple.
>
> Primer describes the subject of a *statement* to be a URI reference.
> This mixes the two definitions.

Right, we need to fix this (both "triple" vs. "statement" and "URIref"
vs. "resource named by URIref") There are other places that may need
fixing as well.  Concepts section 3.1 starts off saying "The RDF graph
is a set of *triples*", but goes on to talk about "a value that is the
subject of *the statement*".  Perhaps there should be some text at this
point that more explicitly defines the connection between "triple" and
"statement" (since there are a number of other places in Concepts where
"statement" rather than "triple" is used).

> I suggest the text in section 4.3 on Reification needs to be reviewed
> against the text in the schema doc to ensure consistency.
>
> 2. Amused
>
> [[ ex:fred is an ex:primaryDriver of the instance ex:companyVan  ]]
>
> If you read that aloud, it sounds like there has been a serious accident :)

Good point.  This is what comes from my too-uncritically following
suggestions from the Series Editor in his last review :-) (the prefix
was xyz: before;  should we change it back?  Or perhaps we should
actually use your comment in the Primer as an illustration that you
shouldn't try to read English meanings too literally into RDF statements!)

> 3. remove changes section at the end

OK.

--Frank