W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org > January 2003

Minutes RDFCore 2003-01-10

From: Jan Grant <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 17:45:43 +0000 (GMT)
To: RDFCore Working Group <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <Pine.GSO.4.44.0301101717100.28405-100000@mail.ilrt.bris.ac.uk>

Agenda:
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Jan/0019.html

Transcript:
	http://www.w3.org/2003/01/10-rdfcore-irc

Scribe:
	Next week's scribe will be Dave B.

Roll Call:
  Dave Beckett
  Dan Brickley
  Jeremy Carroll (for concepts)
  Jan Grant (scribe)
  Graham Klyne
  Frank Manola
  Brian McBride (chair)
  Eric Miller
  Steve Petschulat
  Aaron Swartz

Regrets:
  Dan Connolly, Mike Dean, Jeremy Carroll, Jos deRoo

Review agenda:
  Eric tabled AOB on last call process.

Item 4: next telecon
  17 Jan 2003, same time - Dave B to scribe.

Item 5: minutes of last meeting
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Dec/0231.html

APPROVED

Item 6: Confirm status of completed actions

ALL DONE

Item 7: Confirm status of withdrawn actions.

DaveB commented that there were a large number of these.

ACTION 2003-01-10#1 (jang) chase down the test case actions marked
	"withdrawn" in today's agenda and check/complete if they are
	still pertinent.

Item 8: Format for the telecon

  All editors to check pubrules compliance, to approach readiness to
  publish as much as possible.

  Fixes should be made to the documents in the rdfcore TR directory -
  coordinate with Brian or Eric if you need to get documents into that
  space

  Fixes that should be done now are CRITICAL ones (bugfixing) and
  TRIVIAL ones (typos, missing links, etc). The Series Editor urged
  people to resist wordsmithing for its own sake, as document stability
  at this time is important.


Item 9: Primer

  LCC at http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/TR/WD-rdf-primer-20030117/

ACTION 2003-01-10#2 (jang) review primer LCC
ACTION 2003-01-10#3 (bwm) review primer LCC
ACTION 2003-01-10#4 (daveb) review primer LCC

  Reviews here should be completed ASAP as Frank will not be available
  all of next week (including telecon)


Item 10: Schema

  LCC at http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/TR/WD-rdf-schema-20030117/

ACTION 2003-01-10#5 (jang) review schema LCC
ACTION 2003-01-10#6 (gk) review schema LCC (for critical showstoppers,
	detailed comments ont required)
ACTION 2003-01-10#7 (bwm) update schema document in place with daveb's
	trivial fixes from email


Item 11: Concepts

  [JJC made time to join the call at this point]

ACTION 2003-01-10#8 (gk) supply words for concepts section 3.3 to
	address PatS' concerns that we stress DTing is not XSD-only.

  We also discussed the requirements the document made concerning
  XML 1.1 compliance. JJC felt that the document represented a
  practical and reasonable compromise.

ACTION 2003-01-10#9 (gk) correct concepts doc in line with danbri's
	comment in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Jan/0001.html

  PFPS also raised a substantial issue on concepts; GK felt it was
  best addressed by letting the matter be discussed during the LC
  process. PFPS' review of all documents is here:
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2002OctDec/0297.html


Item 12: Syntax

ACTION 2003-01-10#10 (daveb) fix the showstopper change in syntax doc as
	identified by jjc in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Dec/0297.html,
	use editor's discretion to fix trivial changes


Item 13: Semantics

  [Skipped in PatH's absence]


Item 14: Test cases

ACTION 2003-01-10#11 (jang) deprecate the mailto: base URI test case
ACTION 2003-01-10#12 (jang) fix rdfs:member, not rdfs:contains bug
ACTION 2003-01-10#13 (daveb) add links to concepts in ntriples section


Skipping to Item 16: LC process.

Propose a 4-week LC period beginning with document publication on or
shortly after 17 Jan 2003. DaveB noted that the end of LC period MUST be
given in the documents.

ACTION 2003-01-10#14 (bwm) send out LC heads-up to targetted groups and
	individuals identified by Eric.


AOB: LC process, new patent policy.

AC reps should already have the email about this.
ACTION 2003-01-10#15 (all) please chase your AC rep to ensure they fill
	out and return the process forms (they should already have
	these)

ACTION 2003-01-10#16 (bwm) chase editors to ensure they make the call
	next week or have a proxy vote.



Meeting closed. Is there a light at the end fo the tunnel?



-- 
jan grant, ILRT, University of Bristol. http://www.ilrt.bris.ac.uk/
Tel +44(0)117 9287088 Fax +44 (0)117 9287112 http://ioctl.org/jan/
"No generalised law is without exception." A self-demonstrating axiom.
Received on Friday, 10 January 2003 12:46:59 EST

This archive was generated by hypermail pre-2.1.9 : Wednesday, 3 September 2003 09:55:19 EDT