Requirements for schema component designators

From: Mary Holstege <holstege@mathling.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 08:49:50 -0800
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
Cc: w3c-xml-schema-ig@w3.org

The W3C XML Schema WG has put out a draft [1] for schema component designators,
which provide for the ability to refer to the various components in schemas.
We are currently reviewing requirements and use cases for these designators to
properly scope the solution space. We note RDF's interest in the ability to
refer to schema components (e.g. [2]). We would like additional detail and
clarity on the intended use cases and requirements: does RDF require
designators for types? Anonymous types as well? What about other components
such as element and attribute declarations, or uses?

We look forward to your input and guidance on this matter.

	-- Mary
	   Holstege@mathling.com

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/12/xml-schema-component-designators.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-schema-comments/2003JanMar/0025.html