Re: Last Call Comments Process

From: Frank Manola <fmanola@mitre.org>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 08:59:24 -0500
To: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
CC: pat hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>, w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

Brian McBride wrote:

> At 11:45 03/02/2003 -0600, pat hayes wrote:
>
>>> Pat,
>>>
>>> Now we are in last call, we have to be a bit more disciplined about
>>> handling comments.
>>

>> OK, sorry I was too fast with the comments.
>

> Speed I like.
>
>>  Im now back fully connected, WHAT a relief!!

I'm also relieved!

snip

>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JanMar/0125.html
>

> Those are comments primer and concepts, though with some quotes from
> *emails* of yours.  Do those editors need help with these comments.  I
> think its a bit out of line for there to be last call comments about
> your emails.  Maybe I should make a process about to Bob about reviewing
> the docs, not anything else?  Pat, Frank - is that
> necessary/helpful/idiotic/...?

As Pat noted, Bob's comments aren't about Pat's emails;  Bob cites Pat's
emails to contradict what he thinks the Primer is saying.  So I don't
think a process message would help.  Yes, I would like Pat's help with
the Primer comment (on-list would be appropriate, it seems to me).
Specifically, you might look at

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JanMar/0138.html

which is Bob's reply to my reply to him asking for some clarification.
Pat, what would you suggest I should do to the Primer to make things
clearer?  Thanks.

--Frank