Re: Last Call Comments Process

From: Frank Manola <fmanola@mitre.org>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 08:59:24 -0500
To: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
CC: pat hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>, w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

Brian McBride wrote:

> At 11:45 03/02/2003 -0600, pat hayes wrote:
>>> Pat,
>>> Now we are in last call, we have to be a bit more disciplined about
>>> handling comments.
>> OK, sorry I was too fast with the comments.
> Speed I like.
>>  Im now back fully connected, WHAT a relief!!

I'm also relieved!

>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JanMar/0125.html
> Those are comments primer and concepts, though with some quotes from
> *emails* of yours.  Do those editors need help with these comments.  I
> think its a bit out of line for there to be last call comments about
> your emails.  Maybe I should make a process about to Bob about reviewing
> the docs, not anything else?  Pat, Frank - is that
> necessary/helpful/idiotic/...?

As Pat noted, Bob's comments aren't about Pat's emails;  Bob cites Pat's
emails to contradict what he thinks the Primer is saying.  So I don't
think a process message would help.  Yes, I would like Pat's help with
the Primer comment (on-list would be appropriate, it seems to me).
Specifically, you might look at

which is Bob's reply to my reply to him asking for some clarification.
Pat, what would you suggest I should do to the Primer to make things
clearer?  Thanks.