Re: mime type telecon; aaron in cambridge, ma

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 16:46:46 -0600
To: Aaron Swartz <me@aaronsw.com>
Cc: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, rdf core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>, Graham Klyne <gk@ninebynine.org>

On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 13:25, Aaron Swartz wrote:
> > I can't make it.  I'm going to schedule a telecon for Friday.  Do you
> > have input on the mimetype registration process.   Would you be happy
> > to request publication of the rfc?
>
> According to http://www.w3.org/2002/06/registering-mediatype we're
> supposed to wait until after the W3C specs go REC before publishing an
> RFC. Is that page out of date?

in a word: Maybe.

in detail: Reagle and I chatted about this recently...

draft-freed-mime-p4-04
posted by DanC at 2003-11-26 19:14 (+)

        DanC: Internet Draft by Freed, Klensin October 20, 2003
        DanC:  IETF tracker status says "In State: Waiting for Writeup"
        DanC: see also TAG issue w3cMediaType-1
        DanC: and How to Register a Media Type with IANA (for the IETF
        tree)
http://rdfig.xmlhack.com/2003/11/26/2003-11-26.html#1069874064.819537

I'm sure you can find the full text of the IRC logs.