RE: pfps-06 hold off?

I don't understand what you are talking about.
Could you please provide a test case where
the issue you seem to talk about, is observable?
I would be happy to run that case and see what
we could do about it.

                      <Patrick.Stickler
                      @nokia.com>              To:       Jos De_Roo/AMDUS/MOR/Agfa-NV/BE/BAYER@AGFA
                                               cc:       <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, <phayes@ihmc.us>, <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>,
                      PM                       Subject:  RE: pfps-06 hold off?

Are the .NET and Xerces APIs responsible for the *creation*
of the invalid lexical forms?

I.e., is there really a problem with using common XML tools
to scrape XML content and generate valid RDF?

It seems that the real problem is simply that RDF applications
that base their RDF/XML validation on tools that operate
using XML criteria are falling short of the line.

Please, let's keep distinct the generation of versus validation
of RDF/XML.

I would be very surprised if any of the mentioned tools are
actually generating invalid lexical forms.

Applications transferring data from an XML to an RDF context
could likely use such tools to normalize lexical forms before
creating any RDF/XML or interacting with an RDF graph API.

Can you clarify whether .NET is generating invalid lexical
forms, or simply failing to identify them.

Thanks,

Patrick