apologies 22 and regrets 29 and HP proxy

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 10:11:26 +0100
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
Cc: martin merry <martin.merry@hp.com>

Sorry I did not give regrets for Friday,
I will also be away this Friday 29th.

I note in the minutes:
[[
The chairs indicated they "are minded" that the next step should be a
second last call.  The late agenda and the absence of jjc prevented a
formal decision.
]]

I hence give the chairs an HP proxy.
My understanding of discussions I have had with Martin Merry, and others,
is that:

- our concerns our primarily about resourcing
- we fear that a 2nd last call will potentially open up more issues and
hence prevent the WG from completing.

Provisionally, I suggest that the HP vote should be "abstain" I will start
an HP internal discussion where I will argue for my preference which is
"against but not formally objecting".

I am concerned about the level of W3C team influence on this decision.

Jeremy