editorial tweak to Semantics

From: pat hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 08:33:50 -0700
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
Cc: Frank Manola <fmanola@mitre.org>

After reading Frank's Primer text,  I have changed some text in the
reification section 3.2.1 of Semantics from this:

"Although RDF applications may use reification to refer to triple
tokens in RDF documents, the connection between the document and its
reification must be maintained by some means external to RDF. RDF
syntax provides no means to 'connect' an RDF triple to its
reification. "

to this:

"Although RDF applications may use reification to refer to triple
tokens in RDF documents, the connection between the document and its
reification must be maintained by some means external to the RDF
graph syntax. (The RDF/XML syntax described in RDF/XML Syntax
Specification (Revised) [RDF-SYNTAX] provides rdf:Id to attach a URI
reference to a triple in an RDF/XML document, and create the
corresponding reification.) "

I hope the WG does not object to this; I think the rather sharp
negative was misleading.

Pat

IHMC	(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.	(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32501			(850)291 0667    cell