Re: Test cases: XML Literal value space and exclusive canonicalization

At 12:17 03/08/07 +0100, Graham Klyne wrote:

>At 13:55 04/08/03 -0400, Martin Duerst wrote:
>>Yes, in particular most C0 control characters, in XML 1.0.
>>Most of that will be changed in XML 1.1. The NULL character
>>(U+0000) still isn't legal XML 1.1, as far as I know.
>
>I'm offline, so can't check, but I thought many (but not all) of the
>control characters not allowed in XML 1.0 remained so in 1.1.

They cannot be used directly, but they can be used if encoded
as numeric character references (important to avoid some
security problems,...). See
http://www.w3.org/TR/xml11/#sec4.1:

4.1 Character and Entity References

Change the Well-formedness constraint: Legal Character to read:

Characters referred to using character references must either match the
production for Char, or be one of the ISO control characters in the ranges
[#x1-#x1F] or [#x7F-#x9F].

Regards,    Martin.