whitespace facet

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 16:00:11 +0200
To: <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

Sorry this is so late, only back from hols today.

I tend to read the implementor feedback as suggesting a change to xmlsch-02.

I think it is hard to change any of:
- the value space
- the lexical space
- or the l2v mapping

so I prefer to hack the spec with something very implementation oriented.

e.g.
[[
Implementations MAY apply XML Schema whitespace processing during
the lexical-to-value mapping, but SHOULD issue a warning message
for input which is modified by such whitespace processing.

Note: Formally such whitespace processing is not part of the RDF datatype.
]]

(this needs more work, but it's time to phone)

Jeremy