RE: Primer XPackage examples [was Re: Review of RDF primer Revised Editor's Draft 21 July 2003]

From: <Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 14:59:57 +0300
To: <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>, <fmanola@mitre.org>
Cc: <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>, <em@w3.org>

The goal was to have a hybrid document which could be processed
as either RDF/XML or as XML+XLink. Hybrids typically involve
compromises, tradeoffs, and strangeness.

I would have liked to have seen an RDF only solution, but the Open eBook
Forum was not yet ready for that. The end result at least has the benefit
of being RDF.

Patrick

	  <xpackage:location xlink:href="doc.html"/>
	makes 2 triples - which I think is only clear if you recognised that
	abbreviation, or tried it out, such as by using a validator:
	  _:a xpackage:location _:b .
	  _:b xlink:href "doc.html" .

	(I'm sad to see this abbreviation used, I would have liked to have killed it)

	Dave