Re: completing the trawl of comments

Brian McBride wrote:

> Folks have done a good job of picking up the loose comments identified by
> Jan.  Thanks to all.  I think they all covered now except (possibly) those
> below.
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JanMar/0295.html
> [EricP's comment about examples in Primer. Frank's prompted him for
> reasons why; this is to do with nonopaqueness issue of URLs. No response
> from EricP but I think this is captured in other discussion]
>
> Frank??
>
> I have a recollection of seeing some traffic on this but can't find it in
> the archive.  If I missed it sorry Frank.  Frank, do you think anything
> more than a "closed given lack of response" is needed?

I'm not sure.  Eric talked to me at the Tech Symposium about this.  As a
result, he had promised to send me some words that I'd try to stick in,
but he never did, and I forgot to ping him about it.  However, the words
he was supposed to send me were to describe the fact that there was this
*convention* he was referring to in his comment, that URIrefs with
fragment ids referred to abstract (non-retrievable) things like people,
and the other URIrefs referred to retrievable things like Web pages.
However, RDF doesn't formally recognize that convention (and I'm not
sure I really agree with it), and Eric's probably busy with other stuff,
so I'd just as soon drop it.

--Frank