Re: Proposed response for timbl-02 (reification semantics)

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 08:50:01 -0400
To: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: Graham Klyne <gk@ninebynine.org>, w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

[snip]

here's an idea re health warning.

write a test case (would be a new kind of test case for us) that uses
*OWL* semantics for inferring identity (eg. via InverseFunctionalProperty).

The goal would be for inferences justified by the OWL rules to cause
'annoying' onclusions involving the resources named by rdf:predicate, :subject
or :object properties. We could even ask TimBL if he could re-couch his
concerns about the semantics using such an approach...

I understand this would need a fwd reference to OWL, but since it would be
a 'health warning' note for implementors rather than a formal rdf core test
case I don't see that as a problem.

Dan