Re: Choice of RDF namespace URIs (proposal)

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 11:36:29 +0100
To: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

At 23:16 08/04/2003 +0300, Jeremy Carroll wrote:

>gk:
> > To kick things off, I'll make a strawman proposal:
> > [[
> > It is proposed that the RDF namespace URIs remain the same as those in
> > previous versions of RDF, and that the text cited above is removed from
> RDF
> > Concepts.
>
> > Rationale:  we have been using the same namespace URIs for some time now
> > with the "new RDF", and there has been little indication from the
> > user/developer community that this causes any great problems.
> > ]]
>
>Second - or alternatively lets just take editorial perogative and make the
>change. That was a note to LC reviewers, the LC review period is over, the
>note is past its sell-by-date.

Its not quite that simple.  We have a last call comment

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JanMar/0490.html

which hasn't made it to the issues list yet, so I've added it:

   http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20030123-issues/#efth-01

If someone were to propose a resolution this week, perhaps along the lines of:

[[
Considering that:

   o the WG, have in multiple editions of WD's indicated its intention to
not to change the URI REFS for the RDF and RDFS namespaces

   o the WG explicitly requested feedback on this intention

   o very little negative feedback has been received

   o there is significant cost and complexity in changing the namespace URI
REFs

the RDFCore WG resolves

   o not to change the URI REFS for the RDF and RDFS namespaces

   o to ACTION the document editor's to make such editorial changes as are
required by this decision

]]