RE: Concepts: pfps-14 Social Meaning & authority for datatypes

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 10:24:58 +0300
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

> I agree. This is incorrect

that seems to be conclusive that the text should go.
One of the many problems with section 4 was that some people did not like the
idea that there is a defining authority. If the other text we have concerning
defining authorities is questionable, then deleting it feels like a safe
option (since RDF with no defining authorities even for datatypes is not
really significantly more broken than RDF with no defining authorities except
for datatypes).

(I am sorry Patrick I haven't even tried to understand your argument for why
it is wrong, or how to fix it)