Re: RDF Core LC Issue chas-01

From: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 18:18:58 +0100
To: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

>>>Brian McBride said:
> Sure; please can we have proposed resolution text to consider.

I propose that the WG reject chas-01 "request to add aboutEachPrefix"
on the grounds that the original reasons for removal remain valid:

 * We had good feedback that it lived badly in RDF and as such
     was little implemented or used.
 * It broke layering by looking inside URIs rather than dealing with
     them as identifiers.
 * Felt more like a RDF/XML syntax thing than part of the RDF model
     and as such it mixed badly with triples.
 * Worked badly with rdf:bagID - the interactions were never well
     understood.
 * Experienced practitioners recommended against using it.

Dave