Re: Some excerpts from AdobeXMP SDK Documentation

From: Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 18:36:18 +0300
To: "w3c-rdfcore-wg" <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>, "ext Brian McBride" <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>

OK. The short answer is yes, but it is you, and not Jena
that is presuming string based semantics.

It was an ambiguous question and I have been attempting
to clarify the question in my response.

Your example  does not represent a predisposition of the Jena API
towards  string based interpretation of
inline literals but only illustrates that one *could* implement
an application using the Jena API which exibits such a
predisposition. One could also do the opposite in Jena.
Jena itself doesn't promote either view.

I can't say it any clearer than that.

Patrick