Re: Some excerpts from AdobeXMP SDK Documentation

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 15:35:15 +0100
To: "Patrick Stickler" <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>, "w3c-rdfcore-wg" <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

At 16:22 26/09/2002 +0300, Patrick Stickler wrote:
[...]

> > I suggested in:
> >
> >    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Sep/0284.html
> >
> >   [[model.contains(c, d, a.getProperty(b).getObject())]]
> >
> > was an accurate representation of the entailment.  Would you accept that?
>
>I would accept it as *one* possible string-based interpretation
>of inline literals expressed using the Jena API, but not any
>fixed string-based interpretation mandated nor even suggested by
>the Jena API.

The question was:

   Is the above expression an accurate representation of the entailment in
the jena API?

I think that is a question which deserved a yes/no answer.  If you answer
yes, then we can look for an equivalent in XMP.  I am not sure what your
answer means.

Also you haven't responded to my difficulty in understanding what
consistent test you are applying to reach your conclusions.

I doesn't seem like this discussion is making progress.  Time to end it
perhaps.