Re: Minutes: 2002-09-20

From: Jos De_Roo <jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 10:43:52 +0200
To: "Patrick Stickler" <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Cc: "ext Jeremy Carroll" <jjc@hpl.hp.com>, w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

[good archeology]

> So while I understand that you still have a desire for some
> form of "global string constant literal", other than a URIref,
> you do not appear opposed to the idea of a distinctly labeled,
> implicitly typed, untidy literal nodes which denote values
> and not strings.

of course not (just that "implicitly typed" is there
too much, should better be "unknown typed" I guess)
as that was "Brian's birthday present" you remember
i.e. datatyped literals but with an explicit/unambiguous
syntax

besides that I think we need a clarification of that
"global string constant literal" or "self-identifier"
or "tidy literal" or "inline literal" or whatever
you call it and I think (after rereading Sergey's
messages several times) we are close to that

-- ,