RE: DECIDED: untidy semantics

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 17:50:51 +0100
To: "Jeremy Carroll" <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, "Jos De_Roo" <jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com>, "Patrick Stickler" <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Cc: "w3c-rdfcore-wg" <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

At 17:40 24/09/2002 +0200, Jeremy Carroll wrote:
[...]

>My understanding of the tidy position is that this mapping is made by the
>application at its own initiative, and it is unlicensed, or licensed only by
>private channel.

The way I tend to think of the tidy position on this is that the mapping is
defined in the definition of the property.  Its not that its necessarily
private or unlicensed but it is unavailable to a generic RDF processor.  As
an example, the cc/pp bitsPerPixel property could be defined to be:

   A string which is the decimal representation of the integer number of
bits per pixel