RE: Technical change to the RDFS MT (test cases in n3)

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 09:52:56 +0200
To: "pat hayes" <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>, <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

Domain & range test case, in n3, will RDF/XML latter.

1:[[

eg:prop rdfs:range eg:A .
eg:A rdfs:subClassOf eg:B .

rdfs-entails

eg:prop rdfs:range eg:B .
]]

(i.e. in english,
every object of a eg:prop is an eg:A.
every eg:A is an eg:B,
thus
every object of an eg:prop is an eg:B).

Similarly

2: [[
eg:prop rdfs:domain eg:A .
eg:A rdfs:subClassOf eg:B .

rdfs-entails

eg:prop rdfs:domain eg:B .
]]

As Jan says, maybe we have misspelt rdfs:subSetOf.

If we don't have this, Peter has to work harder anyway; and doing it four
times over is about the same as doing it once. So if Pat is changing his
mind on these ones, I would tend to want to leave the subClassOf ones alone
too.

Jeremy