Re: RDF/XML Syntax problems with datatyping literals

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 16:02:14 +0200
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

as much
>Yes and I think I have Jeremy's support in this.

>My summary:

>rdf:type
>* attribute ambiguous for empty lexical forms OR adds a special case
>* increases grammar complexity in most complex part
>* hard or tricky to implement
>* adds two ways to do datatyped literals, one more than necessary
>* difficult to explain when rdf:type sometimes means the type URI
>  part of a literal and other times, a property of a resource.

I haven't understood the penultimate bullet (two ways) but otherwise agree
with all of these points.

Patrick I think you need to concede with as much grace as possible at this
point! No one has spoken in favour of rdf:type for datatyping other than you.
You have a lot of support for your document, and this is relatively minor
change being sought.

Jeremy