XML Base - should be used

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 15:26:54 +0200
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

I would like to suggest that:
- any test cases with relative URIs should use XML Base
- any examples in any of our documents that use relative URIs should use XML
- that the syntax and primer documents should suggest that the use of XML Base
is preferred.

Note: rdf:ID introduces relative URIs.

The sort of use that I envisage is that where a document on the web includes
an xml:base declaration which gives the documents usual base URL.

Not including such base uris makes teh document ambiguous.

For example if I GET

then the triples that I find are those in

However, if I get

then I get different triples, and these are not the ones in any nt file in the
test area.

Similarly I might get

and get different results.

(Sorry to raise this so late; I have only recently noticed this)