RE: Datatyping, rdf?:Datatype unnecessary

From: <Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 12:51:56 +0300
To: <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>, <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

Errr, and just what does it mean for xsd:integer to
be a subclass of rdf:Literal? Does that mean that
the members of the value space of xsd:integer are
literals? I think not.

The class extension of a datatype class is its
value space.

Unless you wish to define rdf:Literal to be the
present definition of rdfs:Datatype, I don't see
the above subClassOf relation as valid.

Patrick