Re: new Primer version for review

On Thu, 2002-10-31 at 20:26, Frank Manola wrote:

> There is a new version of the Primer at
> http://www.w3.org/2001/09/rdfprimer/rdf-primer-20021031.html

Very timely!

I skimmed it...

1 CRITICAL:

Whoa! we decided against this altogether!
What's it doing in there?
  4.3.3 Embedding RDF in HTML

a few non critical suggestions:

Get rid of the sections explaining URIs and XML;
this is the RDF primer, not the XML primer nor
the URI primer. Cite the concepts doc and/or
the TAG arch doc on URIs. I think we can assume
knowledge of XML (or at least: availability
of XML-for-dummies books).

There's a lot of redundancy with the
concepts spec that I'd like to see
eliminated, maybe after this WD publication.

I'd rather not advocate collections nor
reification to the point of giving them
sections in the primer. The one collections
example in the RSS section is plenty.

In section seven about the other specs,
it seems like one sentence or maybe one
paragraph about each of the other specs
would suffice, rather than a whole section.