Re: rdfs:StringLiteral

From: Jos De_Roo <jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 16:02:45 +0100
To: "Patrick Stickler" <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Cc: "ext Jeremy Carroll" <jjc@hpl.hp.com>, w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org, w3c-rdfcore-wg-request@w3.org

I had a look at

  2.4.3 Literals
  2.4.4 Datatypes
  4.2 RDF Literals

--
http://sealpc09.cnuce.cnr.it/jeremy/RDF-concepts/2002-10-26/rdf-concepts.html

and it looks good to me as well, but I'm still concerned that

  "chat"@en^^my:dt
  "chat"@fr^^my:dt

denote the same value

??? why not have that

  "chat"@fr

*is* the lexical form
and of course for

  "10"@de^^xsd:int

the mapping fails because the lexical form is not in the
lexical space of the datatype associated with the datatype URI

-- ,

                    "Patrick Stickler"
                    <patrick.stickler@n       To:     "ext Jeremy Carroll" <jjc@hpl.hp.com>, <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
                    okia.com>                 cc:
                    Sent by:                  Subject:     Re: rdfs:StringLiteral
                    w3c-rdfcore-wg-requ
                    est@w3.org

                    Please respond to
                    "Patrick Stickler"

[Patrick Stickler, Nokia/Finland, (+358 40) 801 9690,
patrick.stickler@nokia.com]