W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org > October 2002

Agenda for RDFCore WG Telecon 2002-10-25

From: <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 18:48:22 +0100 (BST)
Message-ID: <3813754.1035481863294.JavaMail.bwm@MCBRIDE-B-6>
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

Time:
10:00:00 Fri Oct 25 2002 in America/New York

which is equivalent to
15:00:00 Fri Oct 25 2002 in Europe/London

Phone: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)#7332
irc: irc.w3.org #rdfcore

1: Scribes
This weeks volunteer scribe is Jos
Volunteer to scribe next week


2: Roll Call


3: Review Agenda


4: Next telecon 1st Nov 2002
Note: according both the US and Europe have moved off DST according to:

  http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc



5: Minutes of 2002-10-18 telecon

See:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Oct/0220.html


6: Confirm Status of Completed Actions

ACTION: 2002-04-12#4 gk
write up datatyping use-case for CC/PP

see:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Sep/0260.html

ACTION: 2002-05-03#8 jang
push more of the pending test cases through formal approval

ACTION: 2002-05-17#7 DaveB
Investigate recent TAG decision on registering mime types for W3C specifications and make a recommendation to the WG 

ACTION: 2002-05-31#2 DaveB
Update syntax spec to include parseType collection

see:
  http://ilrt.org/discovery/2001/07/rdf-syntax-grammar/

ACTION: 2002-06-17#3 daveB
Update the syntax spec to reflect the resolution of faq-html-compliance

see:
  http://ilrt.org/discovery/2001/07/rdf-syntax-grammar/

ACTION: 2002-06-18#5 bwm
ensure a version of the Cannes statement on rdf-assertion goes into normative document

see:
  http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-concepts/

ACTION: 2002-09-06#2 daveb
add the rdf:datatype productions to the syntax document

see:
  http://ilrt.org/discovery/2001/07/rdf-syntax-grammar/

ACTION: 2002-09-13#7a DaveB
update n-triples to reflect datatype concensus

see:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Oct/0310.html

ACTION: 2002-10-11#2 DaveB
make changes to ntriple reflecting rdf:datatype

see:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Oct/0310.html



7: Confirm Status of Withdrawn Actions

ACTION: 2001-12-07#7  EricM
put removal of aboutEach to CG to ask whether this is in charter or not

ACTION: 2002-03-15#11 bwm
Ensure WEBONT are aware the RDFCore wishes to cooperate on resolution of issues arising from their use of RDF

ACTION: 2002-04-19#17 Pat
respond helpfully to issue raiser of issue rdfs-subClassOf-a-Property

ACTION: 2002-05-31#1 FrankM
Circulate list of issues needing clarification



8: WG Schedule
We now need to focus around getting the documents written up and published.
All hands to the pump to help get the documents completed.


See:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Oct/0320.html


9: Model Theory
2002-02-25#18  bwm  ensure model theory updated to reflect semantics of rdf:value
2002-06-17#4  patH  Update the model theory to specify that rdfs:isDefinedBy is an rdfs:subPropertyOf rdfs:seeAlso.
2002-09-13#4  PatH  to update model theory to cover 4 to reflect datatype consensus

Status:
Needs:
Issues:

  o Possible semantic bugs in Domain and Range (Jos)

    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Sep/0288.html

  o Semantics of rdf:Collection

  o Proposed Technical changes to RDFS model theory

    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Sep/0169.html

             

See:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Sep/0288.html
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Sep/0169.html


10: Syntax Document
2002-05-17#3  jjc  Propose new text to describe serialization of b-nodes.
2002-10-11#4  DaveB  circulate new version of syntax doc, (ready to publish?)

Status of ed's WD

  http://ilrt.org/discovery/2001/07/rdf-syntax-grammar/

Requiring rdf: prefixes on about etc causes XMP and Mozilla not to conform:

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2002OctDec/0032.html

Proposed revision:

[[
change
  http://ilrt.org/discovery/2001/07/rdf-syntax-grammar/#eventterm-attribute-URI

to read

In the case of namespace-qualfied attributes, 
set to the string value of the concatenation of the value of the
namespace-name accessor and the value of the local-name accessor.
In the case of unqualified attributes named
ID bagID about resource parseType, set to
<tt>http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#>
concatenated with the value of the local-name accessor.
]]

What about type?

Call for Reviewers.

         

See:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2002OctDec/0032.html
  http://ilrt.org/discovery/2001/07/rdf-syntax-grammar/


11: Concepts Doc

2002-09-13#2  gk  to update concepts doc to cover 1.1, 1.2, 2.2, 2.3 to reflect datatype concensus
2002-09-13#8  jjc  update the abstract data model in concepts doc to reflect the pair denoting a datatype literal
2002-20-11#3  jjc  circulate new version of concepts doc

Status
Issues:
Call for reviewers
             


12: Testcases
2001-10-26-#1  bwm  make a test case to illustrate set/bag decision
2002-02-25#9  JanG  Ensure test cases for rdf:foo added to test cases WD
2002-04-05#5  Jeremy  write test cases for rdfms-xml-literal-namespaces
2002-04-19#14  danc  do entailement test case for container with rdfs:contains
2002-04-19#18  jan  produce test case for rdfs-subClassOf-a-Property
2002-06-07#3  JanG  Fold in the consensus test cases and bring back the rest to the group
2002-06-07#4  JanG  Update the test case problems reported by JeremyC and DaveB
2002-05-31#3  JanG  Update test case document with tests for parseType collection
2002-09-13#6  Jan  create testcase to reflect datatype concensus
2002-09-20#1  jjc  Produce test case domain and range.
2002-10-11#1  janG  add test cases from msg Oct/0098
Status:
Needs:
Issues:

  N-triples syntax changes.
             


13: Schema
2002-06-17#1  danbri  Update RDFS spec to reflect resolution of rdfms-seq-representation
2002-06-17#5  danbri  Update the schema spec to reflect the resolution of rdfs-isDefinedBy.2002-06-17#6  danbri  Add to the schema document a comment clarifying the relationship between the idea that there is exactly one namespace or schema associated with a property and the rdfs:isDefinedBy property.
2002-06-17#7  danbri  Update the schema spec to account for editorial issues listed under rdfs-editorial.
2002-06-18#1  danbri  republish the current rdf schema to the current rdf schema uri
2002-07-12#6  danbri  try to move sec 5 to schema doc
2002-09-13#3  Danbri  update schema to cover 2.1, 3.1, 3.2, 5 to reflect datatype concensus
Status:
Needs:
Issues:
             


14: Primer
2002-02-25#17  EricM  Ensure primer has appropriate description of use of rdf:value
2002-04-19#16  danbri  review effect of containerMembershipProperty superproperty on primer
2002-05-03#4  em  liase with danbri to ensure primer and schema stay in sync over the isDefinedBy issue
2002-08-23#1  DanC  review primer text and propose alternative that clarifies status of Alt
2002-09-13#5  FrankM  update primer to reflect datatype concensus
Status:
Needs:
Issues:
             


15: LBase Document
Propose approve publication as a note.

See:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2002Oct/0046.html



------------------------------------------------------------
This agenda was produced by Jema, the Jena WG assistant
Received on Thursday, 24 October 2002 13:48:29 EDT

This archive was generated by hypermail pre-2.1.9 : Wednesday, 3 September 2003 09:52:30 EDT