Re: top-level Comment on lBase

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Jeremy Carroll wrote:

> Politics:
> Some of this seems to be an extension of arguments in WebOnt in another
> forum.

Or arguments from the RDF Interest Group (c/o www-rdf-logic)... They
relate to all RDF-based Web language and protocol work.

> This seems unfortuante, particularly since those arguments are being
> resolved. I also dislike the use of phrases like: "quite intractable
> problems" rather than a less extreme "difficult problems".

> Given that this note is unlikely to be revised

I see no reason why it can't be revised. In fact I would hope to see it
revised, at least minimally, in the new year.

> I am likely to abstain whatever the editors do - publication is useful to
> move the debate forward, and is in charter; but I am unlikely to be
> convinced that it is appropriate for the RDF Core WG to make a proposal like
> this.

I tried to word the 'status' section quite carefully, to explain why it is
reasonable for such a document to be published via RDF Core. It may be
that the tone of the rest of the document is less cautious than the SOTD
section, but as a proposal and discussion document I'm quite happy with
it.

Dan