Re: "Creating Apps with Mozilla," with RDF chapter, online

From: Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 13:33:23 +0300
To: "w3c-rdfcore-wg" <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

[Patrick Stickler, Nokia/Finland, (+358 40) 801 9690, patrick.stickler@nokia.com]

----- Original Message -----
From: "ext Bob DuCharme" <bobdc@snee.com>
To: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Sent: 18 October, 2002 22:59
Subject: "Creating Apps with Mozilla," with RDF chapter, online

and chapter 10 is "RDF, RDF Tools and the Content Model" (http://books.mozdev.org/chapters/ch10.html). It looks pretty cool.

> Bob DuCharme          www.snee.com/bob           <bob@
> snee.com>  "The elements be kind to thee, and make thy
> spirits all of comfort!" Anthony and Cleopatra, III ii
> (bobdc e-mail address used only for mailing lists)

Excerpts:

[
The GetLiteral function returns the given name in the format of a literal, which you can then use to assert into an RDF graph as a
resource.

myName = RDF.GetLiteral('Eric');
Variations on this function are GetIntLiteral and GetDateLiteral.

A literal's value can be read but not written. To change the value of a literal, make a new literal and set it properly:

aValue = literal.Value;

Note that aValue could be a string or an integer in this case.
]

I guess someone ought to let the Mozilla folks that their value-based
semantics conflicts with the RDF MT...

;-)

Patrick