Updated version of datatyping code

From: Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 11:45:17 +0300
To: "w3c-rdfcore-wg" <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

I've posted an updated version of my datatyping library to
http://www-nrc.nokia.com/sw/datatypes.zip.

It now allows one to convert between lexical forms of any
datatypes which have intersecting value spaces, for those
values that are members of both datatypes.

E.g. xsd:boolean and uaprof:Boolean have completely disjunct
lexical spaces yet their value spaces are identical, so one
can convert from xsd:boolean to uaprof:Boolean, thus

   (new UAProf.Boolean (new XSD.Boolean ("true"))).lexicalForm()

returns "Yes".

This is useful functionality for inference engines which may
match a query to a subtype but need to return the results in
terms of a superordinate type's lexical space.

See the Datatypes.Test class for examples.

Patrick

[Patrick Stickler, Nokia/Finland, (+358 40) 801 9690, patrick.stickler@nokia.com]