W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org > October 2002

Minutes: telecon 11th October 2002

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 10:11:56 +0200
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
Message-id: <BHEGLCKMOHGLGNOKPGHDKEFKCAAA.jjc@hpl.hp.com>


SUMMARY:

DECISION: Untyped literals: The resolution of msg 0098 with all options, and
fix from GK.
(Dean and Nokia dissent)

ACTION: jang - add test cases from msg Oct/0098
ACTION: daveb - make changes to ntriple reflecting rdf:datatype
ACTION: jjc - circulate new version of concepts doc
ACTION: daveb - circulate new version of syntax doc, (ready to publish?)


AGENDA:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Oct/0103.html

TRANSCRIPT:
http://ilrt.org/discovery/chatlogs/rdfcore/2002-10-11.txt


1: Scribes
Today: Jeremy Carroll
Next week: Jan Grant
Week after: Jos De Roo
(all volunteers!)


2: Roll Call
Present:
FrankM, GrahamK, Bwm, Jos, SteveP, PatrickS (muted), EricM, PatH, Mike_Dean
DaveB, Jeremy, Jan_g, Guha, Aaron, DanC, DanBri,

Regrets:
Sergey (Brian holds proxy vote)


3: Review Agenda
DanC noted that some outstanding actions have not been listed on the agenda;
specificially those to do with rdf:datatype.


4: Next telecon 18th Oct 2002


5: Minutes of 2002-10-04 telecon

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Oct/0064.html

Sparse but approved.


6. Semantics of untyped Literals - reviewing most recent information

Information reviewed see:

   webont results
     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Oct/0055.html
   pat's possible untidy route
     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Oct/0061.html
   implementations of option F
     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Oct/0083.html
     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Oct/0084.html

PatH withdraw proposal after it was suggested that it was complex.
Discussion of merging options C and F, did not receive much support.


7: Semantics of untyped Literals - Picking the most promising option
   The options:
     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Oct/0049.html

The chair removed option D unopposed.
The chair removed option B unopposed (but DanC was 'unhappy').
(The chair noted that B/C was pretty even within the working group, but the
webont feedback on option B was compelling).
The chair noted that strongest support and least dissent was for option C.
The chair confirmed that the changed Nokia vote was taken into account in
that judgement (cf:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Oct/0080.html
).
The chair noted that without an agreement the WG lacked sufficient consensus
to publish a further Model Theory WD.

Mike Dean noted that in this situation he would oppose C. He hoped that it
might be possible to ask both questions (C and F).

8: Semantics of untyped Literals - reviewing the question

   C: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Oct/0098.html

(Note: technically this agendum was merged with item 7 during the course of
the meeting).
Aaron was unhappy with the additions, many of the rest of the WG spoke in
support of the additions.
Aaron agreed that he could vote for option C (even with the additions) as
long as it was noted that he maintained his opposition to some aspects of
the additions as a comment.



9: Semantics of untyped Literals - putting the question

DECISION: Untyped literals: The resolution of msg 0098 with all options, and
fix from GK.

Vote: 11-2

Against:
  Mike Dean
  Nokia

For:
  ILRT
  Graham Klyne
  Agfa
  IBM
  Pat Hayes
  W3C
  Guha
  HP
  HWG
  Sergey Melnik (cast by proxy
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Sep/0375.html
)

Concur:
  MITRE


ACTION: jang - add test cases from msg Oct/0098
ACTION: daveb - make changes to ntriple reflecting rdf:datatype
ACTION: jjc - circulate new version of concepts doc
ACTION: daveb - circulate new version of syntax doc, (ready to publish?)

(In the excitement, a comment from Aaron on his vote was not recorded: the
scribe suggests an e-mail response to this message).


Rest of agenda not reached, but:
Graham noted that agenda item 12 is passed it's sell by date.

10: possible semantic bugs concerning domain and range
11: Proposed technical changes to RDFS model theory
12: Frank's new assertion text
Received on Monday, 14 October 2002 04:11:59 EDT

This archive was generated by hypermail pre-2.1.9 : Wednesday, 3 September 2003 09:52:25 EDT