Re: draft question: option C

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: 11 Oct 2002 08:52:47 -0500
To: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: RDF Core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

I'm a little unclear on proposal C... in
particular, what does it say about what
folks can put in schemas to constrain
an age propoerty to be/look-like decimals?

The 6Sep minutes
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Sep/0081.html
cite a 29Aug proposal
http://www-nrc.nokia.com/sw/rdf-datatyping.html
which says "The RDF class extension of an rdfs:Datatype
is its value space."

I want to be sure that whatever spec we come up with,
I can continue to use the datatype property idiom...
    <k:Thursday r:about="#_thu10">
        <dt:date>2002-10-10</dt:date>
    </k:Thursday>
	-- http://www.w3.org/2002/10dc-uk/itin3.rdf

So far, our (published WD) specs have been consistent
with a view that classes and properties are disjoint. (In
SWAD, we use that assumption for lint-style checking.)
The 6Sep decision seems to conflict with the
use of the datatype property idioim under
the disjointness-of-properties-and-classes
assumption.