Re: a low-impact datatypes proposal: rdfs:format

From: Jos De_Roo <jos.deroo.jd@belgium.agfa.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 01:25:05 +0200
To: "Dan Connolly <connolly" <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org, w3c-rdfcore-wg-request@w3.org

[not yet commenting on your proposal, which seems ok right now]

> I think something as complex as this medium-range proposal from HP
> is *crazy* at this point; we really expect users to understand
> a new magic kind of file-scoped triple?

I think I don't feel anything of that, i.e.
just getting after parsing either
  <s-uri> <p-uri> <dt-uri>"xyz" .
or
  <s-uri> <p-uri> "xyz" .
is quite straightforward

> We really expect to
> get all this abstract syntax of integers/dates stuff right?

taken as above (which is actually concrete to us)
and having canonical lexical forms is making
entaiments straightforward as well
I don't see a problem and we have running code
for such entailments

> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Oct/0019.html

-- ,