Re: Datatyping: new medium-range proposal from HP

From: Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 11:36:18 +0300
To: "Jeremy Carroll" <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>, "ext Brian McBride" <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>

This mid-range proposal does not alleviate the need to have
to modify all deployed content employing inlined literals
with presumed value-based semantics.

Unless, of course, RDF were to also be provided an include
mechanism so that "wrappers" could be put around all such
legacy instances to provide the syntax-based datatyping
assertions.

Patrick

[Patrick Stickler, Nokia/Finland, (+358 40) 801 9690, patrick.stickler@nokia.com]