Re: Datatype test cases: important ones (please have a look)

At 04:11 PM 11/20/02 +0000, Brian McBride wrote:
>>For multiple datatypes, the MT says this:
>>
>>[[
>>These rules do not support any entailments based on identity between
>>values of different datatypes. An obvious generalization of the second
>>rule would permit such conclusions, but questions of identity between
>>items in value spaces of two different datatypes should be referred to
>>the authorities who defined the datatypes.
>>]]
>
>Oh yes, you are right.  We are straying into specifying things about xsd
>that are not up to us.

OR... we are describing the consequences of those things specified
elsewhere under the appropriate RDF+datatype-entailment?  So the suggested
entailments follow because of those specifications, not in spite of
them.  I think this can also apply to different-datatypes that are defined
with overlapping value spaces.

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>