Re: Datatype test cases: important ones (please have a look)

[Catching up...]

I find this a little confusing:

At 02:49 PM 11/20/02 +0000, Jan Grant wrote:
>A "negative entailment test" passes if:
>
>         - P has no valid interpretations (contains a semantic error) OR
>         - P is ok but does not entail C.

In that if P has no valid interpretations I'd expect the entailment to pass
for any consequence.

Would it not be clearer to split this into two kinds of test:

(a) a semantic invalidity test, in which we can assert that some expression
has no valid interpretations, and

(b) a negative entailment test:  P has valid interpretations and does not
entail C.

Or, maybe it's too late to go here?

Looking ahead, I see:
>D2 has semantic errors (encoded by -ve ent test, D2 -/-> E)

This seems unexpected on two counts (E is always true, surely?).

I note your desire to avoid a notional always-false document F - I think I
would prefer that approach rather than  the modified notion of entailment
you use (but don't feel strongly enough to argue about it).  I guess your
concern is that there is no way within the stated semantic constraints for
RDF to construct a document that is false under every possible interpretation?

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>