early uniform normalization RE: concept anchors - RE: Minutes: telecon 2002-11-15

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 20:05:25 +0100
To: "Brian McBride" <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, "Jeremy Carroll" <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, "Dave Beckett" <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>, "Jeremy Carroll" <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, "Graham Klyne" <GK@NineByNine.org>
Cc: "RDFCore Working Group" <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

Over early uniform normalization, I am opposed to doing anything other than
deletion.

But ...

Maybe I should look over Dave's text and put the anchor back in somewhere
else. Since even without Early Uniform Normalization (which is a processing
model) we still require that literals and URI refs are normalized (which is
a declarative fact).

(Rationale for opposition to non-deletion)
RDF M&S has these future references on character normalization, and the
future is still not arrived. I think DaveB tells me that future promises
shouldn't be in specs; I have come round to that point of view.

Jeremy