RE: weekly call for agenda items

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 11:45:00 +0100
To: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>, Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, RDF Core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

Further:

if we have not discussed it before, with a decision, could we discuss:
[[
2.4.4 Authoritative definition of a predicate

RDF assumes that for any URI some individual or organization has the
authority to define the meaning of that URI. An RDF predicate is defined by
the individual or organization with such the authority with respect to the
its URI, and misuse by others should not be permitted to undermine that
authority.
]]

This feels to me as if it should either be marked normative or deleted.

Since I have no recollection of this being there :( I am inclined to mark it
as normative  since I assume it's there for good reason.

i.e. new text:

[[
2.4.4 Authoritative Definition of a Predicate (Normative)

RDF assumes that for any URI some individual or organization has the
authority to define the meaning of that URI. An RDF predicate is defined by
the individual or organization with such authority with respect to the its
URI.
]]

I think there should be a formal decision on this.

Jeremy