Re: do bad datatype literals denote [was Re: Datatype test cases ...]

From: Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 09:31:57 +0200
To: "Dave Beckett" <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>, "ext pat hayes" <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Cc: <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

[Patrick Stickler, Nokia/Finland, (+358 40) 801 9690, patrick.stickler@nokia.com]

> BTW, one thing I still don't have clear is what it is exactly that an
> XMLLiteral is supposed to denote. What is the value space of the
> datatype

My view has always been that the value space of an XML (complex) datatype
is the set of XML Infosets which the lexical forms (XML serializations)
correspond to.

Though I believe Jeremy views the value space as being the set of
canonical serializations. Jeremy?

I think a value space of infosets is more useful.

Patrick