Re: Minutes: telecon 2002-11-15

From: pat hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 13:37:27 -0600
To: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

>At 21:46 19/11/2002 -0500, pat hayes wrote:
>>>    Various small pros and cons were discussed.
>>>DECIDED: (3 abs, 0 against) to move XMLLiteral to RDF namespace.
>>>    As requested by Danbri, we record for the minutes that this decision
>>>    is not taken lightly.
>>>Item 18: Schedule
>>>         http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/#microschedule
>>Jesus F. Christ, that gives me a lot of work to do in a very short
>>time. That namespace move is a major rewrite for the semantics doc,
>>I will have to fold 4.3 into 3.1 and revise from there.
>You did a wonderful job of getting the last WD in a very short time.
>You met an unreasonable goal.  Whilst I want to keep up the
>momentum, I don't think we should set ourselves any more
>unreasonable goals.  This goes for everyone.
>If you can meet this schedule, that would be great.  But if its an
>unreasonable goal, say so and we will plan accordingly.

Well, the problem for me is that next week is Thanksgiving week, and
I will be in California on a phone line rather than in Florida on a
T3. Which slows things down, I find, and often makes it a bit tricky
to keep my copy of a doc in line with the copy on my home server. I
fly back on the 2nd. So I would be happier if the inter doc freeze
were pushed back to, say, 3 Dec rather than Nov 29, since otherwise I
have to freeze by the day after tomorrow, in effect. That would give
me an extra week. I can live with the other dates.

This only applies to sections 3/4 of the semantics doc, by the way.
The rest should be freezable by Friday. I presume removing things can
be done after freezing.

The current version is very sparse in internal anchors and the ones
that are there are a mess, and I plan to re-do them. I will
(re)anchor all the sections with forms like #section_1_3_1, but if
anyone else wants a particular anchor in the text please let me know
where (and if you like, provide the name you want to use.)

BTW, I'm keeping my 'latest' version now at
so far it only has had some of the typos corrected (rdsf -> rdfs,
Massimo's name)

IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola              			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32501           				(850)291 0667    cell
s.pam@ai.uwf.edu   for spam