Re: Publication of RDFCore working drafts

On Wed, 2002-11-13 at 12:56, Brian McBride wrote:

> Well done everyone.
>
> Since we have so many working drafts, it makes sense to send out just one
> announcement for them all.  If no one objects, I'll do that tomorrow.

This isn't an objection, but some thinking-out-loud.

Asking everybody to review everything often results
in getting nobody to review anything.

It's clear to me that subscribers to www-rdf-logic
will be interested in the model theory; they're
perhaps more likely to pay attention to
an announcement from PatH (though I hesitate
to impose further on Pat).

The syntax spec and test cases should go to the
developer fora; www-rdf-interest at least, but
probably other places too. I'd expect an
announcement from DaveB to get the most
attention. I'd like to see Mike Dean shop
it around the DAML crowd too.

I'd like to see the "customer groups", i.e. dublin
core, RSS, etc. invited to review the primer.
But I wonder... you can really only expect one
thorough read of a document from any given reviewer.
Do we want to play that card on this draft?
Or do we expect the next one to be substantially
different? EricM, thoughts?

I have similar thoughts/reservations about concepts.

So... hmm... maybe asking everybody to review everything
is right for this round of drafts, supplemented
by a few more targetted invitations here and there.