Re: Lists vs collections. (was: Re: response to Brian's rdfs review)

pat hayes wrote:

>>  >>>pat hayes said:
>>

>>>  >At 10:46 09/11/2002 -0500, Dan Brickley wrote:
>>>
>>>  This is entirely talking about 'lists', but we call them
>>>  'collections'. We ought to get the terminology straight. Lists is the
>>>  traditional term and universally used, so why did we invent
>>>  parseType=collection??
>>

>> DAML+OIL invented it with the name "daml:collection"
>

> OK, I won't mention it again. DAML seems to have spread s**t all over
> the planet.

Pat--

I thought the whole point of this effort was to spread stuff all over
the planet.  You have to start somewhere, and s**t

(a) at least constitutes an existence proof of sorts doesn't it?
(b) is spread all over the planet anyway (not uniformly, of course)

BTW, is there universal agreement on this vocabulary?  I've also seen
"poo"...  I think George Carlin should be involved here.

--Frank